Monday 23 March 2015

My Look up Guy : My Love

One might have many role models at different stages of life. I also had different role models at different times. One thing which I realize that as I grew up and start understanding the world my role models started becoming more real. My role models have moved from my grandfather to my teacher, Gandhi to Kiran Bedi. Most of these role models are based on perceptions which we have about them which gets marketed. Many times we don't know what are the bad part of the same character.


My present role model is my husband. He has many good parts as well as bad parts. I can see both of them,though many times I miss the intention behind various decisions he take. I have been married to him from last 3-4 years. In these last 3-4 years I have seen him struggle and work hard. Hard enough that to me it looks like a routine. (Grrrr... Well at times he is very lazy to at home and doesn't help me, he asks for all the small things... But thats the problem with any typical guy.) Overall I see more Good in him than bad.
My Husband is the guy whom I #lookup to. There are various reasons for it. 
Works really hard for us as a family. We got married in Nov 2011. Just after marriage he got admitted for MBA from IIMB. He had a hectic schedule at the same time, he had to handle all my complains. Well, he used MBA as a reason, but somehow convinced me.
Financial Security he Provides.  For us their is no compulsion to provide financial security, this fact I realized when my hubby was Layed Off from one of the MNC's along with his friends. (Close to 1500 people were laid off). The competition in the job interviews and the pain of sitting at home, with the feeling of not earning while paying for his education, I can just see in his eyes. Thankfully he got new job in 3 months. But yes, I realize as women we are not stressed as they are. It doesn't mean we are robots, we don't get holidays :-(. Anyways leaving that topic away. 
Loss of family Member: During his studies, my father-in-law expired after going through illness for 6-7 months. He was pained at being helpless. We had ran all over from Durgapur to Vellore to Kolkata to Raniganj. But still couldn't save. I saw some change in him after that. Now he has the responsibility of making sure that family stays one. 
Addition of new family Member:- After that grief period, Lord krishna blessed us with a baby boy. The boy has filled our complete family with joy. And brought some smile and happiness back.
Getting Together as a family:- There has been some issues within the family, every family has that. But arrival of the kid has changed the environment. I along with my hubby are trying to make it a more well bonded family.
Start of a Startup (unofficial):- While studying & working, in parallel he also started a startup catering to playschools. I also helped him a bit on the startup.
Completion of MBA:-  He will be convocating this March to get his MBA degree.

Now when I look back to last 3 years of our life, I #lookup to him for various reasons
  • Hard working & loving
    • He wakes up before my and sleeps after me
    • All my complains he has to handle
    • Life kept getting difficult for him during his studies. All kind of problems/work came
      • Job
      • Finance
      • loss of Family member
      • Arrival of baby
      • Family disputes
      • Starting of new startups
      • Studying in parallel
      • New home responsibilities, which he is using https://housing.com/lookup to search.
  • Honesty
    • He says what he means
    • He told me everything about his past
  • Innovativeness / thinking
    • His way of thinking & implementing new Ideas
  • Fun & humour
    • He is funny.... Grrrr..even though he pulls my legs in front of my friends
  • Family Guy
    • He gives too much importance to my mother-in-law at my expense. I hate it, but yeah but I would love my brother to do the same for my mother.
  • Inspiring/motivating
    • He keeps inspiring and motivating me for new things. E.g. even this blog he gave me 20 mins of gyaan.... He even started his MBA statistics for Return-on-Investment and doing different things

Even after all this, with many things bad as well - like his unorganised manner of keeping things at wrong places.... behaving like bag of a sand  while watching this world cup on weekends and many others.

I still love him and feel really good when he eats food prepared by me. If I ask "Khanna kaisa hain", he will reply "Thik hain" with a cheeky smile, will make my all effort to keep him feel good after all his day of ups & downs relives me. 

I am optimistic that he will rise new highs...and I will make sure that he succeeds...and he gets a good food & support from me with all care & love.

No comments:

Post a Comment